Auction Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Cotton & Associates Auctions, LLC (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") has made reasonable efforts to accurately describe all items being sold. All items are offered for sale "AS IS, WHERE IS" and without recourse. Neither the Company nor its consignor make any guarantees, warranties, or representations, expressed or implied, with respect to the description, size, quality, condition, authenticity, value, or applicability of any item being offered for sale. We strongly encourage prospective bidders or their representatives to inspect any property of interest prior to the bidding. Your bid certifies that you have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Order of Sale will be the catalog order.
3. At the end of the auction, indicating the lot is sold; the winning bidder agrees to pay the full purchase price (including buyer's premium and if applicable, sales tax) within 24 hours of the end of the auction. Removal of purchased items will be during scheduled times. We reserve the right to reject any bid believed to be inappropriate as determined by the Auctioneer or Company.
4. The Company reserves the right to withdraw any item from the sale not yet having received a bid before or during the auction.
5. A buyer's premium of 15% will be added to the winning bid for each lot and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total purchase price.
6. All sales to Florida businesses/residents or items that are to be picked up in Escambia County, Florida are subject to 7.5% sales tax unless a valid sales tax resale certificate issued in the name of the winning bidder is on file in our office prior to end of the auction. Please note that copies of 2020 resale certificates are now due.
7. Online bidders will receive invoices via email showing the items won and amount owed within 12 hours of the end of the sale. Winning online bidders shall provide payment to the Company via credit card used at registration or alternate credit card information provided within 24 hours of the auction ending (850-968-5243 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Payment may be made by wire transfer (call 850-968-5243 for routing and account information) or credit card (Master Card, Visa or Discover). No item will be released for pickup or shipment before payment is received and cleared. Unless instructed otherwise by 1 pm CST the day following the auction, the credit card registered with will be charged the full invoice amount.
8. There is no guarantee of uninterrupted service, registration, or error free transmissions when using these online services. Your bid constitutes a binding contract to pay for the items won by high bidder.
9. All items may be subject to a reserve. In most cases, the reserve is the published minimum bid.
10. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer and he/she may use any shipper of his/her choice. As a service to our customers, the Company does provide limited shipping services for small, non-fragile items that will fit into a USPS flat rate box. There is a nominal fee for this service and all items must be insured at least to the price paid for the item (Note that flat rate packages automatically include up to $50 insurance). Additionally, local packer/shippers (The UPS Store; 850-478-7171, Craters & Freighters; 850-471-8844) are available for shipping. The purchaser should make payment and shipping arrangements directly with the shipper. Should the winning bidder desire to use a different packer/shipper, coordination with the auction company is required.
11. Local pick up is an option for winning bidders and pick up must be at a date/time scheduled. Please bring packing materials and help for loading heavy items as we are unable to provide them. Lack of help to load could result in being rescheduled. All items not picked up at scheduled pick up time will be subject to being declared abandoned and may be left onsite.
12. Due to COVID-19 issues and issues arising from it, preview and pick up will be strictly scheduled and no one will be allowed upon the property unless scheduled for a specific date and time. All persons attending onsite preview and winning bidders (and all persons present with the winning bidders) arriving onsite to pick up items, agree to Hold Harmless, the Company, its owners, agents, contractors and employees, as well as owners of the real estate, while acting within the scope of their duties as such, from and against all claims, liabilities, demands, causes of action, and judgements (including reasonable attorney fees and other costs of defense) arising on account of any and all actions relating to the services performed or omissions of services in any way related to COVID-19, the real property, the online auction, the preview or pick up of items from the online auction.
© 2016 Cotton & Associates Auc
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms